A Quick Fact About Locks
In the United States we are brought up with a constant barrage of racial and stereotypical sentiment that colors our perspective. Prior to doing my own research on locks I thought that only African Americans with really thick curly hair could rock them. After looking into it I found out that ANYONE can wear locks. Indigenous and tribal people all over the world with various hair types have worn locs. The reasons for taking on this hair style are as different as the people who wear them.
Dope Resources for Starting Locks!
- Knotty Boy (Resource for All Hair Types)
- 10 Things I Wish Someone Would Have Told Me About Starting Locs
- Starting Locks: Palm Roll Method
- NubianSouls Locks (African American Resource)
- Locking Methods (African American Resource)
My Favorite Coffee Table Book!
By: Francesco Mastalia and Alfonse Pagano Introduced by Alice Walker
Here’s a great book review: